Competition for young choreographers
Apply to the competition for young choreographers Context Lab nowApply
Who can participate:
students of dance schools, choreographic colleges and institutes; choreographers who have already created several productions; as well as choreographers without professional experience or special education. Participants who reach the final round will have their travelling and accommodation costs covered by the festival.
How to participate:
submit your application form by 30 June 2018 at the latest. The application should include a video of your work created specifically for Diana Vishneva’s Context festival according to the following criteria:
1. Your video must be 5 - 10 min in length
2. 2-8 artists performers in a piece
3. Your production must be created specifically for Diana Vishneva’s Context festival
4. A participant must not change the idea and intention behind the production (theme, genre, number of involved artists) if he/she reaches the semi-final of the competition. Otherwise, the participant will be disqualified.
5. The participant, who reaches the semi-final, must have the production ready and showcase it to the curator of the competition 1 month before the opening of the festival.
In autumn the finalists will have the opportunity to showcase their works at the Festival and present them to the general audience in Moscow and Saint Petersburg and the panel of jury – maîtres of contemporary choreography. Since the beginning of the Festival more than 20 talented choreographers from Moscow, Saint Petersburg, Kiev and Yerevan presented their works to and received feedback from Diana Vishneva, Hans van Manen, Viacheslav Samodurov, Alexey Miroshnichenko, Samuel Wuersten, and Mats Ek.
The winner of the Competition will receive a grant to undertake an internship in a leading foreign dance company.